Cruz, which opened in 2012, serves approximately 700 students from Kindergarten through 12th Grade. In addition to college preparation courses for K -12, Cruz is an arts academy, so classes in music, visual art, theater, and dance are part of the daily curriculum. Cruz also offers Honors and AP sections of core classes, as well as support for English Learners. In addition to the clubs and activities listed under the Students section of our website, Cruz partners with a variety of community organizations, such as:
- Lifeline Theater provides after-school drama classes to our primary and intermediate students.
- Loyola University's IgniteCS program provides a computer programming after-school program to middle school students.
- Cruz dance students perform at the Wilmette Stars of Dance contest every year.
- Cruz is a member of the Communities in Schools program, which provides many services like a weekly volunteer counselor.
- Twice, Cruz juniors have been a part of the Gilder Lehrman Institute's Hamilton Education Program.
- Cruz partners with the Benedictine Sisters of Chicago living next door.