Cruz, which opened in 2012, serves approximately 700 students from Kindergarten through 12th Grade. In addition to college preparation courses for K -12, Cruz is an arts academy, so classes in music, visual art, theater, and dance are part of the daily curriculum. Cruz also offers Honors and AP sections of core classes, language development programming, and support for English Learners. In addition to the clubs and activities listed under the Students section of our website, Cruz partners with a variety of community organizations:
- Lifeline Theater provides after-school drama classes to our primary and intermediate students.
- Loyola University's IgniteCS program provides a computer programming after-school program to middle school students.
- Loyola's Botball program provided robotics club to high school students.
- Cruz dance students perform at the Old Town School of Folk Music and Wilmette Stars of Dance contests every year.
- Cruz is a member of the Communities in Schools program, which provides many services like a weekly volunteer counselor.
- Local Chicago Police Department youth officers play basketball with Cruz high school students every Wednesday.
- Twice, Cruz juniors have been a part of the Gilder Lehrman Institute's Hamilton Education Program.
- A partnership with Loyola's Center for Experiential Learning provides tutoring to Cruz students.
- Cruz partners with the Benedictine Sisters of Chicago living next door.
- Cruz will partner with Girls on the Run for the 2017-18 school year.